Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Off My List Jillian Michaels.......


Dear Jillian Michaels,

You used to be on my 'list'.  This list exists in many relationships.  It's the list consisting of famous people you're allowed to sleep with IF you ever get the chance & it can never be held against you by your significant other.  This list is an allowable item in a relationship b/c each party knows the chances of meeting someone famous on your list AND that famous person wanting to sleep with you are pretty much slim to none.

You used to be on my list Jillian Michaels.

You now reside on a new list for me......the new list is called "Biggest GAY Loser!"  How quickly you jumped from one list to the other.  Way to go Jillian Michaels.

You are a celebrity and you are gay!  You live in the public eye & you are gay!  You married a chick in the public eye b/c you are gay!  You adopted a child with your wife & you are gay!  Your wife then gave birth to a child & you are gay!  You are gay.  Say it with me:  "I, Jillian Michaels, am gay." 

Rather than embrace who you are & feel good about who you are you chose to say these words:  "Look, I wish I had some strapping football player husband, it would be such a dream to be 'normal' like that."

You should have your membership to our GAY club revoked.  I'm going to speak to someone about that after I finish spewing my disappointment of you all over this page!

Do you think your kids are going to feel proud of you living in a home where one of their moms is ashamed of who she is?  What kind of message is that sending?

And how about your wife?  How did it make her feel to hear those comments come out of your mouth?  Do you think she too wishes for the 'normal' & the strapping football player as a husband? 

Speaking of, what exactly is 'normal'?  Because in my daughter's world & the world of her friends, she is VERY 'normal' & she is WICKED proud of the fact that she has 2 moms!  (she now has 4 moms since we divorced)  This is a kid who marches up to every person in her life & says "I have 4 moms!"  There are no words to explain how proud I am of her & how I know she will live her life just as 'out' as I live mine b/c we are ALL 'normal' & we are ALL equal & we do not raise our children to view others as different, no matter what!

You have celebrity status to reach TONS of people be it gay or straight & you can use that status to let folks know you are proud & you believe in a world where we are all treated as equals. And that world, it's making huge changes on a daily basis for gay people.

Instead, you spoke in shame b/c you feel it might be easier walking through life if you had that strapping football player by your side?  Easier?  Are you kidding?  Pretending to be someone you're not, that right there is NOT easy.

For a woman with loads of muscles, you are VERY weak.

You're off my list.  You might not feel any disappointment in knowing this but I sure as hell do.




1 comment:

  1. This is so great. I read the article too, but you really nailed it!

    ReplyDelete