Friday, September 12, 2008

Discovering The Boogy

We have a new discovery in THE LAND OF JORDAN...the inside of our nose.  I don't know if there was a kid meeting to discuss this discovery or if a kid memo was distributed w/out my knowledge explaining the benefits of nose picking but somehow Jordan has now zoned in on the inside of her nose via her finger!  Lovely.

My discovery of her discovery happened while we were driving.  I looked back to find a very content child w/her finger up her nose and this look on her face that said, "Why didn't I figure this out sooner?  This is wonderful!"

So of course I try telling her not to put her finger up her nose, followed by silly reasons why her finger should not be up her nose, followed by starting the discussion all over again b/c her finger is back up her nose.  

And it gets better, oh yes, it gets better.  I look back again and now Jordan is examining w/such intense interest a boogy on her finger.  Oh God, you know what comes next right?  All while I'm driving.....!

So I am once again telling Jordan to stop picking her nose and to give the boogy to me (is there an actual real term for 'boogy'?) and as I look back again I see her finger heading towards her mouth.......................and that's when I let out this absolute panicked "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" out of my mouth as if time had slowed to a serious crawl and everything was happening in slow motion.  Of course I was too late.  The boogy found residence in my child's mouth.

Glad I could share the boogy saga w/each of you!

1 comment: